Less than two weeks after the initial launch, I’m excited to announce the first major update to The Best Photo App. The response to the initial launch was wonderful! I’ve received a lot of positive feedback, along with many great feature requests, and some bugs.
In this release:
- HDR smart search - Apple's HDR feature can make fantastic images in high contrast situations, but it also saves the non-HDR version to your photo library. It’s great to have the options, and this smart search makes it easy to go through and pick the best for each.
- iOS Widget - Focus on the past 6 months, right in your notification center. Get a quick breakdown of how many photos, live photos, and videos you’ve captured. Easily keep an eye on problem percentages, and resolve issues right away.
- 3D Touch quick actions - Quickly jump to your latest photo, a specific year, or a smart search in the 3D touch quick action menu on supported devices
- Choose satellite or standard maps when setting the location of photos
- Fixed a variety of bugs, including an issue where assigning location to photos would not immediately remove them from a “Missing Location” smart search.